RENEW YOUR CREDENTIAL
All credential renewals and applications are done electronically through the California Teacher's Commission website.
Renewing your credential:
- Go to CTC's link: http://www.ctc.ca.gov
- Click on ONLINE SERVICES FOR EDUCATORS
- Click on the "EDUCATOR PAGE" button (Link located in yellow box)
- Follow the steps (Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to renew your credential)
- If you receive a confirmation email, you know you've completed everything correctly.
Credential renewals/applications can take approximately 5-10 business days to process. However, in some circumstances, it can take several months. It is important to start the renewal process in a timely manner BEFORE your credential is about to expire.
If you have questions regarding the expiration date of your credential or what type of credential you have (and what it authorizes you to teach), you can also view that information on the California Teacher's Commission website.
If you have questions regarding your retirement please go to the CalSTRS webpage (http://www.calstrs.com/). Most of our certificated personnel are enrolled in the CalSTRS retirement system. This webpage offers several useful retirement planning tools. We encourage you to create a login to easily access your retirement account with them.