Our district's pledge is to create a culture of attendance every day, every month. We know that achievement and student success is inextricably linked to attendance. The leadership and staff at Snowline Joint Unified School District are dedicated to ongoing communication, support and encouragement around the importance of "Attending Today, Achieve Tomorrow."
One of the most important thing we can do for our children to be successful in life is to get them to school every day and on time.
Here are the reasons why:
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10% (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- By 6th grade, absenteeism is one of three signs that a student may drop out of high school.
- By 9th grade, regular and high attendance is a better predictor of graduation rates than 8th grade test scores.
- Students can be chronically absent even if they only miss a day or two every few weeks.
- Attendance is an important life skill that will help your child graduate from college and keep a job.
What you can do:
- Make school attendance a priority
- Help your teen stay engaged
- Communicate with the schools. For additional help contact your Attendance Specialist for your school.
|ATTENDANCE SPECIALIST'S ASSIGNMENTS|