Student Support Services
School Reopening Plan and Special Education
The Snowline Joint Unified School District is committed to ensuring endless possibilities for all students through high levels of learning, and Special Education is aligned with the same mission. The table below describes the current District options for Fall 20/21 and how SJUSD will ensure students will have access to their offer of FAPE.
- General Education: Students with disabilities are provided Supplementary Aids and Supports to help them gain access to the general education curriculum within a regular classroom setting.
- Specialized Academic Instruction (SAI): Students with disabilities may participate in a small group or individualized instruction in either a pull-out (separate) or push-in (remain in class) setting with direct instruction from a credentialed Special Education teacher, or other trained special education staff member with supervision from a certificated teacher. SAI may be provided in the general education classroom or for portions of the day within a special education classroom. An additional level of support can be offered with more extended time in a separate self-contained setting.
- SDC/Self-Contained (Mild/Moderate): Students with disabilities participate in a self-contained classroom setting to receive small group and direct instruction from a credentialed Special Education teacher and trained SAI associates.
- SDC/Self-Contained (Moderate/Severe): Located at Pinon Hills Elementary School and Quail Valley Middle School, students with more severe cognitive disabilities participate self-contained classroom and are provided a functional and academic program to prepare them for high school and beyond.
- Related Services: Related Services include speech and language, educationally related mental health services, occupational therapy, physical therapy, Adapted PE, and other related services required for students to receive a free and appropriate public education. Some related services are provided in coordination with Desert/Mountain SELPA and/or non-public agencies.
- Additional Program Options: The Snowline Joint Unified School District contracts with Desert/Mountain SELPA, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, and other Non-Public Agencies (NPA) and Non-Public Schools (NPS) to provide specialized programs and related services.
PO Box 296000
Phelan, Ca 92329-6000
|Please contact your student's site for Chromebook and material distribution information.|