Nutrition Services » Nutrition Services

Nutrition Services


Welcome to the Nutrition Services Page 
We want to remind everyone that in the 2019/2020 school year Nutrition Services is happy to provide breakfast and lunch to all students at no charge.  Snowline JUSD will be implementing a new option called the
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2019/2020 school year.  All enrolled students of Snowline Joint Unified School District are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch, whether or not they qualify for Free or Reduced meals at no charge.    
We strongly encourage everyone to monitor your students account through   Remember, you may also use school cafe to deposit money into a student’s account free of charge (see school cafe page for more information).  If you have any problems using the website please don't hesitate to contact our office 760-868-5817 ext. 10513.    
Educational Benefit Forms will be available on July 1st, 2019.  
Updated Meal Charge Policy.....(SJUSD Board Policy AR 3551)
"At the beginning of the school year, parents/guardians shall be notified of the district's meal payment policies and encouraged to prepay for second meals or A la carte items whenever possible.
(cf. 1113-District and school web sites)
"...Parents/guardians shall be notified whenever their account has a zero balance.  Students will receive the same reimbursable meal that is offered to all students if the student needs to charge a meal.  Snowline JUSD allows Elementary students to charge $ 4.00 on their student accounts. Middle and High school students are allowed to charge up to $ 5.00 on their accounts.  Second meals or snacks are not allowed to be posted against daily charge limits.  Parents and guardians will be notified weekly via phone and/or mail regarding their student's unpaid meal balance that is due.  If a parent of guardian wishes to prevent their student from charging on their meal account, the parent or guardian may request in writing that a "block" be placed on a student's meal account.  This "block"  can prohibit purchasing a meal or limit the amount  of charges on a student's account.
Emails may be sent to:
Please include student name, school and student ID#.  You may also call us at 760-868-5817 ext. 10513
In cases of repeated non payment by a student, the Superintendent or designee may contact parents/guardians to discuss the reasons for the nonpayment.  The Superintendent or designee may evalutate individual circumstances to determine if the student's parents/guardians need assistance completing an application for free or reduced-price meals or need referral to social services."


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.  To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider


Name: Toni Chaffee
Title: Director of Nutrition Services
Phone: (760) 868-5817 Ext. 10511
Send an Email
Title: Nutrition Secretary
Phone: (760) 868-5817 Ext. 10513
Send an Email
Department Address
101 Stadium Way
Phelan, CA 92329
Mailing Address
Snowline Nutrition Services
PO Box 296000
Phelan, CA 92329-6000

Elementary Menus

"Good Nutrition Supports Successful Students"